A Lucky Girl's Life: Debunking the Myth of Manopause
Is there such a thing as manopause?
You bet there is! But it's called andropause or male menopause. If you're wonder why some men seem "off" it's because their hormones decline with age. Specifically they become low in testosterone. Women experience more sudden symptoms as our hormones slow down and eventually stop, but men's hormones only gradually decline. Some of the symptoms are the same as for women, but most men just blow it off because they have no idea there is a reason for it. You may want your guy to get checked if he experiences any of these symptoms:
- Hot Flashes. Yes, they can get them too!
- Tender breasts
- Moody and depressed
- Lack of energy
- Fewer erections
- Testes become smaller
- Hair loss is possible
- Sleep disorders: too much or not enough.
- Emotional changes
- Little motivation
- Trouble concentrating
- Low self-confidence
- Lack of muscle tone
What can help to improve these symptoms?
- Some of these symptoms are age-related and usually start around the age of 40. A physical exam and simple blood test to check testosterone levels is all that is required to see if conditions are hormone related. If results indicate hormone levels are incredibly low, there is hormone replacement therapy in pill, injections or gel form.
- A healthy lifestyle and diet also make a big impact.
- Physical activity helps to get back muscle mass and improves mood and energy levels. Once things level out a man can expect to feel so much better almost immediately. It also helps bone density, muscle tone and sex drive. The sperm production is increased and a man can still produce well into his 80's, if he is healthy.
Keep in mind there are some risks with hormone replacement, such as:
- Can cause acne
- Enlarged breasts
- Increase in red blood cells can risk heart disease
- Can stimulate growth of prostate cancer
All women need to keep on top of helping their man feel his best. Make him an appointment today! Trust me, if they aren't feeling their best they’re not going to make you feel good, either. For organic ‘feel good’ supplements check out christy.amazonherb.net
Outside my Window - I don't care if it is foggy...more
Sea - Worthy Valentine's Ideas - This year, like many others,...more
99 post but the bitch ain't one - This could be the sympathetic...more
Outside my Window - Good glorious morning! ...more
2011 Movie Sequels - 2011 Movie SequelsOk, I am a...more
Nautical and Wildlife Art Festival & North American Craft Show - January 15 & 16, 2011: The...more
Outside my Window - Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...more
Outside my Window - I think winter sunsets are...more
A Valentine's Gripe - As January begins to come to...more